Vacancy: Business Development Intern (2 positions)
SimGas Kenya Ltd.
SimGas Kenya Limited is a registered biogas solution provider that has been in operation since February 2013, with the simple mission of empowering communities by delivering affordable small-scale biogas cooking solutions hence improving their general livelihoods and income positions.
SimGas Kenya Ltd is looking for 2 Business Development interns to join the SimGas team. The role will be responsible for providing support in the creation and execution of business development and marketing campaigns designed to achieve SimGas sales and marketing objectives.
This role will be used to provide specific support to SimGas vertical business, and be managed on a day-to-day basis. Key job responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Involved in research of new prospect business, initial communication, follow-up and first meeting credentials presentations.
- Designing and executing activation presentations and partner training programs
- Documentation: drafting introduction letters, proposals, agreements
- Develop, monitor and support new partner accounts and new sales opportunities
- Monitor, evaluate and support existing partner accounts
- Analyze industry trends, track existing and potential competition (strategy, key deals and news, growth)
- Developing ideas and innovative ways to get business
- Sales execution through effective Account Management
- Use CRM tools to maintain and update daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly reports and plans
Primary outcomes that are seen as goals for this role to impact are:
- Increased quality Partner Accounts portfolio
- Raising SimGas profile and brand within it’s scope of operation
- Generating increased leads, and sales, for SimGas through coordinated marketing efforts
- Improved sustainable relationship between SimGas and Partner Accounts
- Improved quality and quantity of SimGas data including partner profiling, market research and partner contacts.
- Recent (within last 2 years) Graduate with BA, BSc or equivalent, from a recognized university
- Computer literate using MS Office (Word, Excel) and internet
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic: organized, self-disciplined, self responsibility and plenty of initiative
- Strong relationship building capabilities.
- Dynamic, confident, aggressive and demonstrated resilience
- Naturally curious, outgoing personality, with a great sense of humor
- The ideal candidate will be available for an immediate start
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU FULFIL AND CAN DEMONSTRATE ALL EIGHT OF THESE REQUIREMENTS
Key Working Relationships
- Head of Business Development and Marketing – SimGas Kenya Ltd
- Business Development Trainer – SimGas Kenya Ltd
- Head of Sales and Marketing – SimGas Kenya Ltd
- Sales Representative Manager – SimGas Kenya Ltd
- Sales Representatives – SimGas Kenya Ltd
- Head of Business Development – Simgas East Africa
Location: Nairobi Office, with regular travel out of Nairobi (minimum 2/3 out of 4 weeks)
Working Days: Monday - Saturday
Status: Paid internship (Monthly Stipend + Facilitation)
No prior sales experience is necessary. Comprehensive training and substantial guidance, feedback and mentoring will be provided
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should complete the template CV attached herein, forward together with a one-page Cover Letter and email their completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 3.00p.m. 2nd May 2014.
The email Subject line should read ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN POSITION, SimGas Kenya Ltd’.
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.