Instructions for Competition
Do you have top grades but also want to work in the community development sector? Get a head start in your career with this unique competition and internship opportunity brought to you by SimGas Tanzania Ltd.
First prize will be 1,000,000 TShs. There will also be opportunities for a 6 month internship at SimGas Tanzania Ltd at the head office in Dar es Salaam.
Submit an innovative project proposal on renewable energy and how your initiative can change the lives of thousands of families across Tanzania. Be unique. We are looking for strong independent thinkers. We want the realists but also the dreamers combined in one strong individual that wants to make a difference in Tanzania.
Guidelines are below. Good luck.
Project Proposal Guidelines:
- We are looking for a brief project proposal that will aim to improve domestic cooking energy in Tanzania.
- It must be submitted in English using the template provided
- The cooking solution proposed must use existing renewable energy sources (e.g. biogas, solar, wind, hydro, tidal, biomass, etc)
- It must be decentralised renewable energy.
- It should take into account urban users who are using charcoal and rural users too using firewood.
- It should be feasible with the technology available in Tanzania – but don’t be afraid to be ambitious in your project.
- It should be scalable – impacting many beyond one community.
- The layout must match the project proposal template. It should not be longer than the amount of words allocated.
- University student with outstanding grades
- Available for a full-time internship starting this summer
- A recent graduate who is looking for an internship
How to apply:
- Download and fill out this template with your project proposal
- Email the project proposal template and your one-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strict final deadline of 30 November, 2013
Terms & Conditions
- All applications once submitted reside in the intellectual property of Simgas Tanzania Ltd.
- Only successful applications will be notified. If you do not hear from SimGas after one month post-submission: consider your application unsuccessful.
- Project Proposals received have no guarantee of being implemented by the receiving organization.
- Criteria for selecting the winner are internal to SimGas Tanzania and are non-negotiable.
- Top five and the winner will be announced online within three months of deadline.
- Any applications containing plagiarized work will be notified to the University.
- SimGas Tanzania Ltd bears no responsibility for the outcome of the project proposal once received.
- Participants will be notified if SimGas Tanzania Ltd wishes to engage with their concept/idea.
- All applicants will adhere to the above guidelines and terms & conditions by signing the box on their online project proposal template; this will count as an electronic signature.